The delicate balance between writing, speaking, thinking and silence has always intrigued me. Sometimes I speak. Sometimes I write. I’d like to think of myself as thinker. Every day I enjoy silence more. Here you can find some of my intellectual contributions.
01. We met in Tallinn and now we’ve been married for almost five years. Timothy and I – complicated navigation between spaces and ideas, making and interpretation, relationships with the environments and ourselves. Timothy’s domain is art jewelry, mine gender relations. Locating these two on the ground of social interaction and power relations has given us long conversations. On a snowy Sunday, we talk about how masculinities are treated in art jewelry, especially in Timothy’s own work. Read our talk here.
02. Masculinities and neoliberalism: what do have these to do with each other? In 2015, I interviewed Raewyn Connell to find out. Read the interview here.
03. What do I think of love? This is what my friend, Estonian actor Veiko Tubin, wanted to find out. Podcast about love and relationships (in Estonian)
04. How are masculinities contructed in Estonia and elsewhere? Find out in my article that was published in Müürileht.
05. What about feminism? Can a man be a feminist? In 2019 this sounds anachronistic, but in 2015, when I participated in the Estonian Opinion Festival, we discussed about this. See my short intro here.